Policies / FAQ
How soon will my Order Ship?
- Most orders ship withing 2-4 business days. It is possible that it could take longer if there is a large backup of orders. This is a small cottage industry and I work full time outside of DIY Gear Supply, come home and spend time with my family, then pack orders each evening. I work hard and late to ensure your order gets out as soon as possible and appreciate your patience.
- Please though, if you do not receive a shipping confirmation (via Paypal) within 4 business days, feel free to toss me an email asking about the status of your order.
What about International Orders and Shipping:
- Currently, international shipping is not available directly through the webstore. Unfortunately the shipping calculator is charging far too much, so we have disabled it for international orders. This includes APO/FPO addresses.
- If you live outside of the US and would like to have an order shipped, please fill your cart through the webstore here, then copy and paste it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your shipping address and phone number (some customs forms require a phone number). I will reply with a shipping quote for you to approve, then follow up with a Paypal invoice for you to pay at your leisure.
- Customers will be responsible for any and all customs/duty fees your country may impose on your order. Customers returning orders due to these fees will be responsible for all shipping costs.
- We use USPS for all international orders.
What if there’s a problem with my order?
- If your order has a problem (generally this would be an item being back-ordered) then you will be contacted via email. Be sure that your email program allows messages from email@example.com.
- If your product is defective (excluding 2nds materials, as these are assumed to be defective in some way), please contact via email right away. At our discretion, we will refund or replace the product.
- If we made a mistake on your order, please contact right away. We will make it right.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or use our contact form if there are items you feel need to be returned for any reason. It is the customer’s responsibility to check all products received carefully, and report any problems as soon as possible.
- All authorized returns must be handled within 30 days of receipt, and are subject to a 20% restocking fee.
- Cut materials and Second’s materials are non-returnable.
- The customer is responsible for any postage fees on returned goods.
- The customer is responsible for determining the suitability of all products/materials for his/her end use. While we make recommendations on ideal uses for our materials, we cannot oversee actual gear building and cannot take responsibility for your projects. This is especially important if you intend on using 2nds materials in your projects.
- Any person using any product purchased from DIY Gear Supply assumes personal responsibility for any and all damages or injuries of any kind which may result from its use.
- All weight load limitations listed by “break strength” are given by static load and not to be confused with dynamic or working load limitations. This is especially important with Hammock Suspension systems – there is a basic rule of thumb for hammock camping: ”never hang higher than you’re willing to fall.“
- The guide sheets are free help sheets to get you going on your own projects. They are not “THE” way to do things, just “A” way. We will not be responsible for the suitability of any of these projects for your particular needs or weight considerations.